We Know Buildings
About us: Criterium-Cona Engineers is a full service consulting engineering firm. We provide our clients with the most complete building inspection services in the Greater Denver area from Aurora to Ft. Collins as well as Summit and Eagle County. We specialize in working with existing buildings offering services which include inspection, diagnostics, maintenance planning and problem solving.
Our Service Area:
We serve the counties of the Denver-Aurora-Lakewood area including:
- Clear Creek
- To be the leading provider of specialized engineering services for building owners, builders, buyers, managers and developers.
- To enhance peoples’ lives through an improved understanding of the buildings in which they live and work.
- To use sound, practical, engineering judgment and skills when evaluating existing buildings.
- To continually improve our standard of service through clear and responsive communication.
- To approach each project as an opportunity to establish a new “personal best” in professionalism, service and quality.
- To maintain a work environment that encourages and acknowledges exemplary service.
Criterium-Cona Engineers is part of Criterium Engineers, an international engineering consulting company founded in 1957 over 30 offices throughout the US and Canada. Criterium-Cona Engineers is a consulting engineering company specializing in residential and commercial building inspection and consulting services.
Our leading edge engineering services include condominium and homeowner association reserve studies, commercial property condition assessments, phase I environmental site assessments and residential and commercial structural evaluations. Our many clients, including buyers, owners, lenders and others concerned with the condition of homes and buildings, repeatedly comment on our consistently high level of inspection and consultation services.
Our staff of licensed, Professional Engineers offer skills in structural, civil, and mechanical engineering, project management, and much more. From diagnostics to due diligence, from commissioning to envelope performance to HVAC systems, we help our clients with even the most complex projects.
The quality and usefulness of any building inspection is only as good as the knowledge and experience of the professional performing the inspection. Experience is vital since many judgments must be based on the visible evidence. Criterium-Cona Engineers are experts at picking up subtle visual nuances which may signal a problem. Understanding the technology of buildings is also critically important to interpreting the significance of observed conditions.
Being a licensed, Professional Engineer is a career commitment and mindset guided by ethics, technical competence, clear communication and legal accountability. It is a calling.
In most states, becoming a licensed, Professional Engineer (P.E.), requires a four-year engineering degree, at least four years work experience under a Professional Engineer, passing two intensive competency exams, licensing by the state board, and ongoing maintenance, improvement of skills and continuing education throughout their career.
Each Engineer on our staff offers:
- State licensing as a Professional Engineer, an accomplishment that requires at least eight years of advanced training and experience.
- Substantial, specific experience with building construction spanning many years.
- A personal and professional commitment to serving the public as a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Active participation in ongoing training and quality control programs.
- An ethical obligation to serve only you, our client, with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- A dedication to helping you understand your building by telling you what you need to know, in terms you can understand.
More about us: each Criterium-Cona engineer has invested years mastering a rigorous, demanding technical and professional discipline; this expertise and experience makes a difference for our clients and their ability to understand the buildings in which they live and work. You can trust us to ask the right questions, pay attention to detail, see and solve problems, and provide quiet wisdom you can count on. And we never forget the most important part of every building we inspect: the people who call it their home or workplace.
We work with people, so they can know their buildings.
Yes, we are proven engineering experts, but it is our ability to communicate our understanding of a building’s performance to our clients that truly sets Criterium-Cona apart. Building real relationships with our clients matters. We understand the complicated logistics of managing multimillion-dollar development projects as well the excitement and apprehension of buying a first home. In fact, many of our engineers have worked in the building trades or served on homeowners association boards, so we relate to our clients and understand their priorities.
It’s time to talk to Criterium-Cona Engineers
If you want practical solutions from a long-term partner with professional engineering expertise, contact us at 720-788-6680 to discuss your next project.